In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Account" means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our Site;
"Cookie" means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our Site when you visit certain parts of our Site and/or use certain features. Details of the Cookies used by our Site are set out in section 12 below;
"our Site" means this website, heygen.com ;
"UK and EU Cookie Law" means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011, and 2015; and
"We/us/our" means HeyGen.
Our site, heygen.com, is owned and operated by HeyGen. We are an independent platform for creating synthetic media, allowing users to create their text to video.
Some data will be collected automatically by our Site. Other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to us using it for the purposes set out in section 6, for example, when signing up for an Account. Depending upon your use of our Site, we may collect some or all of the following data:
1. Name (with consent only)
2. Username (with consent only)
3. Password (with consent only)
4. Email Address (with consent only)
5. Business/Company Name (with consent only)
6. IP Address (automatically collected)
7. Web Browser Type and Version (automatically collected)
8. Operating System (automatically collected)
9. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
All personal data is stored securely by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
We use your data to provide you with the best possible products and services. This includes:
1. Providing and managing your Account
2. Providing and managing your access to our Site
3. Personalizing and tailoring your experience on our Site
4. Supplying our [products and] services to you
5. Personalizing and tailoring our products and services for you
6. Responding to communications from you
7. Supplying you with emails, e.g., newsletters, alerts, etc., that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking 'Unsubscribe' at the bottom of our emails.
8. Market research
9. Analyzing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to improve our Site and your user experience continually
10. Data collection may sometimes be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the products and services. We can provide you with data without your consent for us to use such data.
11. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes, including contacting you by email with news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR, we will ensure that your data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your data if at least one of the following basis applies:
1. You have given consent to the processing of your data for one or more specific purposes;
2. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request of you before entering into a contract;
3. Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
4. Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person;
5. Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
6. Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
We only keep your data for as long as We need to use it as described above in section 6 and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct a review when appropriate to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it by the terms of our Data Retention Policy.
Our Data Retention Policies are:
1. Your data will be deleted within 24 hours upon request.
2. As a customer of HeyGen, your data will be inaccessible to use if you do not use our application for a period longer than six months.
3. Subscriber data will be immediately removed upon clicking "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email sent from our company or upon manual request.
4. Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
5. Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting data via the internet to us.
1. We will NEVER sell Your information to anyone. HeyGen never sells personal data and carries out all processing operations in strict compliance with EU privacy laws. You are in control of Your personal information at all times. CM values your privacy and strives for its services to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. This Policy sets out and explains how HeyGen collects and processes personal data, the purposes for processing it, and how we protect it. If you would like a copy of the information held by you, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. We may contract with third parties to supply product services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is necessary for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, and securely, and by your rights, obligations, and obligations of the third party under the law.
3. We may compile statistics about the use of our Site, including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may occasionally share such data with third parties, such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
4. In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request made of us.
2. If any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
1. When you submit information via our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. We aim to give you strong control on our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails).
2. You may also wish to sign up for one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service ("the TPS"), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service ("the CTPS"), and the Mailing Preference Service ("the MPS"). These may help to prevent you from receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receive.
3. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
4. You may access certain parts of our Site without providing any data. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site, you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
6. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data as set out in section 5 at any time by contacting us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit our ability to provide you with the best possible products and services.
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Please contact us for more details.
2. By using our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. We use third-party Cookies on our Site for advertising purposes. For more details, please refer to section 5 above. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of our site.
3. All Cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Laws.
4. Our site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Facebook™. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyze usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how people use our Site. This, in turn, enables us to improve our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, as detailed below. However, whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our site, it does enable us to continually improve our site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
5. The analytics service(s) used by our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
6. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
7. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access our Site more quickly and efficiently, including, but not limited to, login and personalization settings.
8. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
9. Cookies we use for remarketing purposes include Google and Facebook.
10. Google: We use Google cookies in order to be able to advertise using their remarketing platform. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms.
Under the GDPR, you have:
1. the right to request access to, deletion of, or correction of your personal data held by us;
2. the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
3. be informed of what data processing is taking place;
4. the right to restrict processing;
5. the right to data portability;
6. object to processing your personal data;
1. If we use personal data for automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on you, you have the right to challenge such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from us.
2. The right described does not apply in the following circumstances:
3. The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between You and us;
4. The decision is authorized by law, or you have given explicit consent.
5. Where we use your data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
6. Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
7. Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
8. Technical and organizational measures necessary to minimize the risk of errors and enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented, and all personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
Children's Privacy our Service does not address anyone under 13 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your Children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If We become aware that We have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from our servers.