PowerPoint presentations are slides primarily used for educational and informational purposes across corporate offices, schools, and recreational centers. A PowerPoint file may contain videos, text, and images and can only be seen using PowerPoint or other related software.
However, this is somewhat limiting. You may need to view your PPT file on portable devices or digital players and may require the file in another format. But this is where converting your PowerPoint to a video can come in handy.
First, Why Do You Need to Convert Your PowerPoint to Video?
Converting your PowerPoint to video has several advantages; of course, people are looking to make this file conversion for various reasons. Here are a few of them:
- To Make a Slideshow: After converting your PowerPoint to video, you can play the converted video slideshow at an event or for a video presentation at your next pitch.
- To Create Engaging Video Tutorials: You can include voice-over narrations in your converted video file to make an engaging tutorial video.
- To Create a More Professional Video Using Video Editing Software: A PowerPoint presentation slideshow is, at best, “a slideshow.” To add more life, you may need professional editing software. But the first step to doing that is converting the PowerPoint to a Video so you can include exciting elements, such as animations, voice-overs, and additional footage.
- To Create a Video: It’s your document, and you can do whatever with it. For example, you may want to create a video from your PowerPoint slides. Also, when it’s in a video format, it’s easily sharable and can be watched almost anywhere and on any device.
- You Need to Upload It Online: As we mentioned earlier, a PowerPoint presentation cannot be viewed elsewhere except on PowerPoint or any other related applications, so its use case online may be restricted. To lift this restriction, you may need to convert the PPT document to a video. This way, you can easily share it on digital channels like YouTube and Instagram, ensuring easy accessibility and a wider reach.
The good news is that you can now convert your PowerPoint to video free on both Mac and Windows devices!
But before we get into the step-by-step guide to achieve that, let’s briefly explore the best ways to make a video presentation with PowerPoint online.
How To Make a Video Presentation with PowerPoint Online
There are two recommendable tools to make a video presentation with PowerPoint online: HeyGen & Canva.
We have subdivided this section into two, explaining how you can achieve your goal using any of these online editing tools.
Way 1: How to Convert PPT to Video Using HeyGen
Step 1: Enter HeyGen Web App and click on the “Import PPT/PDF” button at the top right corner of the page
Step 2: Upload the PPT file you want to convert to a video.
Step 3: Select “Avatar” from the menu on the right of the page to choose an avatar for your video.
Step 4: Choose an avatar. You can either select one from the “Public” library or upload an avatar in the “My Avatar” column. For this article, we have used Derek as my Avatar.
Step 5: Type your Script in the provided box to drive the Avatar speaking.
Step 6: Choose a language for the Avatar. You can also modify the accent, speed, and pitch.
Step 7: Edit the PowerPoint presentation to suit your preferences.
Step 8: Click “Submit” to get your PPT video with an AI presenter.
Way 2: How to Convert PPT to Video Using Canva
Please, note that you can only convert PowerPoint to video using Canva on a computer system.
Step 1: Visit Canva’s Video Editor’s page.
Step 2: Click on “Edit a Video.”
Step 3: Select “Present” in the top right corner. If it’s not there, choose “Share.” For me, I had the “Share” button.
Step 4: Click “Present.”
Step 5: From the dropdown, select “Present and Record.”
Step 6: Click “Go to the recording studio” and give Canva access to your mic and camera.
Step 7: Click “Start reording.”
Step 8: To finish, click “End Recording” at the top corner of the presentation screen.
How To Convert PowerPoint to MP4 Video on Windows & Mac
How To Convert PowerPoint to Video on Windows
Step 1: Download PowerPoint.
Step 2: Open the PowerPoint presentation you want to convert to a video.
Step 3: Select “File.”
Step 3: Click the “Export” button.
Step 4: Click on “Create a Video.”
Step 5: Set the quality of your video and click “Create Video.”.
Step 6: Click “Use Recorded Timing and Narrations” if you want.
Step 7: Set the time you want each slide to be displayed.
Step 8: Choose a location to save your video presentation and format.
How To Convert PowerPoint to Video on Mac
The steps to convert a PowerPoint to Video with audio are very similar to the process on Windows devices, with a few slight differences.
Step 1: Download PowerPoint.
Step 2: Open the PowerPoint presentation you want to convert.
Step 3: Select “File” and click the “Export” button.
Step 4: Choose your video format from the “File Format” dropdown menu. You can either choose to save it as MOV, MP4, or other acceptable formats. Unfortunately, you cannot save in MOV format for Windows devices but in WMV.
Step 5: Set the time you want each slide to be displayed.
Step 6: Click “Use recorded timing and narrations” if you want to.
Step 7: Choose video resolution. With Mac, you can either save your video in HD, Full HD, or Ultra HD 4k format.
Step 8: Click the “Export” button to get your video.
Converting your PowerPoint to Video can save time and increase visibility and shares. In addition, videos can be played on almost all portable devices and players with little to no restrictions. More importantly, with the right video editing tools like HeyGen, you can be sure of converting your PowerPoint slideshows to videos in the most effortless way possible.
Hopefully, this article has helped you convert your PowerPoint to video for free. However, should you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask via the comment section below. We'll try to respond as quickly as possible.
You may be also like: How to Create a Personalized Christmas Video for Free